HOTEL TERMS OF ACCOMMODATION
Scope of Agreement
Any and all agreements entered into by and between Henn-na Hotel (hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”) and guests and other agreements in relation thereto shall be governed by this regulation, and any matters not stipulated herein shall be governed by laws and generally established customs.
- 2.Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in case Hotel accepts any special provisions to the extent not contrary to laws or customs, the special provisions shall prevail.
Application for Lodging Agreement
A person who desires to apply for lodging in the Hotel shall be required to provide the Hotel with the following information:
- (1)Name of guests;
- (2)Date of lodging and estimated arrival time;
- (3)Lodging fee (As a general rule, the basic hotel charges set forth in Appendix 1);
- (4)Any other matters the Hotel requires.
- 2. In cases where a guest applies for extension of lodging period beyond the date of lodging set forth in item 2 of the preceding paragraph during his/her lodging, the Hotel shall treat the application as a new one at the time of the offer.
Concluding of Lodging Agreement
A lodging agreement shall come into effect when the Hotel approves the application set forth in the preceding Article; provided, however, that this shall not apply if the Hotel proves not having approved the application.
- 2.When a lodging agreement has been entered into according to the preceding paragraph, the applicant shall pay an application fee designated by the Hotel to the extent of basic hotel charges equivalent to the lodging period (three days should the period exceed three days) by the date designated by the Hotel.
- 3.The application fee shall be allocated first to the lodging charges to be paid finally by the guest, and then if any situation on which the provisions of Article 6 and Article 18 should apply occurs, it shall be allocated to the penalty charge and then to the compensation in this order, and the remaining amount, if any, shall be paid back at the time of payment pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.
- 4.In cases where the applicant fails to pay the application fee set forth in paragraph 2 by the day designated by the Hotel, the lodging agreement shall become invalid; provided, however, that this shall apply only to the case when the Hotel has notified the applicant of such rule.
Special Provision not Requiring Payment of Application Fee
Notwithstanding paragraph 2 of the previous article, the Hotel may accept a special provision in which payment of the application fee of the same paragraph is not required after entering into a lodging agreement.
- 2.On accepting the application for lodging agreement, should the Hotel not request payment or designate a date of payment for the application fee as set forth in paragraph 2 of the preceding article, the special provision as set forth in the previous paragraph will be handled as accepted.
Rejection of Concluding Lodging Agreement
Hotel may reject the application for concluding a lodging agreement in cases falling under any of the following events:
- 1.When the application does not conform to this regulation;
- 2.When the Hotel cannot afford to accept the application due to lack of a vacant room;
- 3.When one who intends to lodge in the Hotel is considered to be likely to commit any activities against laws, or public order or moral;
- 4.When one who intends to lodge in the Hotel falls under any of the following items:
- (a)An organized crime group designated in the item 2 of Article 2 of the Act on the Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (Act No. 77 of 1991) (hereinafter referred to as “Organized Crime Group”), an organized crime group member set forth in the item 6 of Article 2 of the said Act (hereinafter referred to as “Organized Crime Group Member”), an associate member of Organized Crime Group or a person involved in Organized Crime Group or other antisocial forces;
- (b)A juridical person or other body whose business activities are controlled by an Organized Crime Group Member; or
- (c)juridical person any of whose executive officer is an Organized Crime Group Member.
- 5.When one who intends to lodge in the Hotel is likely to cause nuisance to other guests;
- 6.When one who intends to lodge in the Hotel is expressly considered to be infected with any infectious disease.;
- 7.When one who intends to lodge in the Hotel makes a violent demand or demands a burden beyond the reasonable range to Hotel or employees thereof;
- 8.When the Hotel is unable to lodge the guest due to unavoidable reasons, including, but not limited to natural disaster and malfunction of facilities;
- 9.When falling under Prefectural Ordinance Article # (Item #).
Termination Right of Guest
A guest may terminate a lodging agreement by notice to Hotel.
- 2.In cases where a guest terminates a lodging agreement in whole or in part due to reasons attributable to the guest (excluding when the guest has terminated the lodging agreement prior to the payment date of the application fee that has been designated by the Hotel as set forth in Article 3 paragraph 2), he/she shall pay a penalty charge set forth in Appendix 2. However, in a case in which the Hotel has accepted a special provision in which payment of application fee is not required as set forth in Article 4 paragraph 1, payment responsibility for the penalty charge applied when the guest terminates the lodging agreement shall apply only when the Hotel has notified the guest of such rule.
- 3.In cases where a guest fails to arrive at the Hotel by the afternoon hours of the date of lodging (if an estimated arrival time is clearly specified, at the number of hours after the specified arrival time), the Hotel may consider that the lodging agreement is terminated by the guest and handle it as such.
Termination Right of Hotel
In cases falling under any of the following events, Hotel shall be entitled to terminate the lodging agreement:
- 1.When the guest is considered to be likely to commit any activities against laws, or public order or moral, or when the guest is considered to have committed said activities;
- 2.When the guest falls under any of the following items:
- (a) Organized Crime Group, Organized Crime Group Member, an associate member of Organized Crime Group, person involved in Organized Crime Group or other antisocial forces;
- (b) A juridical person or other body whose business activities are controlled by an Organized Crime Group Member; or
- (c) A juridical person any of whose executive officer is an Organized Crime Group Member.
- 3.When one who intends to lodge in Hotel is likely to cause nuisance to other guests
- 4.When one who intends to lodge in Hotel is considered affected with any infectious disease.
- 5.When the guest makes a violent demand or demands any burden beyond the reasonable range to Hotel or employees thereof;
- 6.When Hotel is not able to lodge the guest due to reasons resulted from any cause beyond its control, including, but not limited to natural disaster;
- 7.When one falls under Prefectural Ordinance Article # (Item #).
- 8.When one who intends to lodge in the Hotel fails to comply with rules on use established by the Hotel or commits any activities that interfere with fire prevention, including, but not limited to smoking in room or other nonsmoking areas, tampering with fire-fighting equipment, etc.;
- 2.In cases where Hotel terminates the lodging agreement in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, lodging service or other services which have not been provided by the Hotel shall not be charged.
Registration of Lodging
A guest shall complete registration of the following matters at the front reception desk on the day of arrival :
- 1.Name, age, sex, address and occupation;
- 2.In the case of a foreigner, nationality, passport number, port of entry and entry date;
- 3.Departure date and estimated time of departure;
- 4.Any other matters that the Hotel considers necessary.
- 2.In cases where a guest desires to make payment under Article 12 by means of traveler’s check, hotel voucher, credit card or others to be substituted for money, he/she shall show it in advance at the registration set forth in the preceding paragraph.
Utility Time of Guest Room
The time period in which a guest can make use of a guest room shall be from 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon to 10:00 a.m. of the following morning. However, when the guest stays on consecutive days, he/she may make use of the room throughout an entire day except on arrival day and departure day:
- 2.Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the Hotel may accept usage of the guest room during the time period other than those set forth in the preceding paragraph. In this case, additional charge as set forth below shall be charged:
- Late check out is available until 2 pm.
- The additional charge is ¥ 1,000 per person per hour.
Compliance of Usage Rules
A guest shall comply with the usage rules established by the Hotel and posted in the premises of the Hotel.
Business hours of the Hotel’s main facilities shall be as set forth below, and business hours of other Hotel facilities shall be provided through digital signage equipment, postings in various locations, guest room tablets, etc.
- 2.For unavoidable reasons, the business hours set forth in the preceding paragraph shall be subject to change. In such cases, the information will be made available by suitable measures.
Payment of Charges
Details and calculation method of the lodging charges or others to be paid by the guest shall be as set forth in Appendix 1.
- 2.Payments of the lodging charges or others set forth in the preceding paragraph, shall be made by Bank of Japan note or currency (Japanese yen), or traveler’s check approved by the Hotel, hotel voucher, credit card or other method which can be substituted for money on arrive of the guest or on a claim by Hotel.
- 3.The guest shall pay the full amount of the room charge even when the guest voluntarily forgoes staying after the guest room becomes available by provision of the Hotel.
Liability of Hotel
When, on performance by Hotel of lodging agreements and other agreement in relation thereto, any default by Hotel causes damage to the guest, Hotel shall compensate the guest for such damage; provided, however, that this shall not apply if said damage is caused by reasons not attributable to Hotel.
- 2.Hotel has an insurance policy in the hotel general liability insurance in order to deal with possible fire disaster or others.
Treatment in case of inability of provision of guest room on which lodging agreement has been made
In cases where Hotel is unable to provide guest room on which lodging agreement has been made, Hotel shall, under guest’s consent, introduce other hotels on the same conditions as far as possible to the guest.
- 2.In cases where Hotel is unable to introduce other hotels despite the provisions of the preceding paragraph, Hotel shall pay compensation equivalent to penalty charges to the guest, and the compensation shall be allotted to damages; provided, however, that this shall not apply if said unavailability is caused by reasons not attributable to Hotel.
Treatment of Deposited Goods
In cases where any goods or money and articles of value deposited by a guest to the reception desk of Hotel which the guest has brought into the premises of Hotel are lost, prejudiced or otherwise damaged due to reasons caused on purpose or by gross negligence on the part of Hotel, Hotel shall compensate the guest for the damage; provided, however, that as to said money and articles of value, if, when Hotel has requested the guest for provision of clear information of types and amount thereof, the guest does not follow it, said compensation shall be made to the extent of five million yen (¥50,000).
- 2.With respect to any goods or money and articles of value or belongings not deposited by a guest to the reception desk of Hotel (including, but not limited to goods or others placed at the un-peopled baggage space in Hotel), Hotel shall not compensate the guest for theft, loss or damage thereof at all. However, this shall not apply if said theft, loss or damage is caused on purpose or by gross negligence on the part of Hotel; provided, however, that even in this case, if the guest has not provided Hotel with clear information of types and amount thereof, Hotel shall compensate the guest for damage incurred by the guest to the extent of five million yen (¥50,000).
Custody of Guest’s Baggage and Belongings
In case of arrival of guest’s baggage before lodging, Hotel shall responsibly keep it in custody and hand over it at the reception desk on the guest’s check in only if Hotel has approve it before arrival thereof.
- 2.If, when a guest left baggage and belongings behind after check out, its owner is known to Hotel, Hotel shall notify the guest of it and follow instruction; provided, however, that in case the guest gives no instruction or its owner is known to Hotel, Hotel shall keep it in custody for a month (including discovery date).
- 3.With respect to responsibility of Hotel for custody of guest’s baggage and belongings in the cases set forth in the preceding two paragraphs, the provisions of paragraph 1 of Article 13 shall apply to the case of paragraph 1, and the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 13 shall apply to the case of paragraph 2, with necessary modification.
Liability on Car Park
When a guest use the car park in Hotel or in the building in which Hotel exists, Hotel is not liable to keeping of the car whether or not the guest deposits the key of the car to Hotel because Hotel and said building does not undertake keeping of the car but just lends the space; provided, however, that in case of any damage caused on purpose or by negligence of Hotel, Hotel shall compensate the guest for it.
Liability of Guest
In case the Hotel suffers any damage caused on intentionally or by negligence on the part of a guest, the guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage.
Appendix 1: Calculation Method of Lodging Charges, etc. (Relating to Article 2 paragraph 1, Article 12 paragraph 1)
|Total amount to be paid by a guest||Lodging Charge||
Appendix 2: Penalty charges (Relating to Article 6 paragraph 2)/For Hotel
Day on which Hotel
Number of Applicants
|No Show||Day of Arrival||One Day Before||1week Before||14 Days Before||20 Days Before|
|Individual||Up to 9 guests||100％||80％||50％||20％||10％|
|Group||10 to 99 guests||100％||80％||50％||20％||10％|
|100 to 999 guests||100％||100％||80％||20％||20％||10％|
Number of people
|Up to 9 guests||10 to 99 guests||100 to 999 guests|
|Day of Arrival||80％||80％||100％|
|One Day Before||50％||50％||80％|
|14 Days Before||10％||10％||20％|
|20 Days Before||10％|
【Early discount / Busy day】
Day on which Hotel
Number of Applicants
|No Show||Day of Arrival||One Day Before||15 Days Before||30 Days Before||45 Days Before|
|Up to 100 guests||100％||80％||60％||50％||40％||30％|
|Day on which Hotel
Number of ApplicantsUp to 100 guests
|Day of Arrival80％|
|One Day Before60％|
|15 Days Before50％|
|30 Days Before40％|
|45 Days Before30％|
1.Percentage (%) set forth above is rate of penalty charges.
2.In case of reservation of consecutive lodging, when the reservation is cancelled in part, penalty shall be charged for one night according to Appendix 2, regardless of the number of cancelled days. Penalty rate based on the cancelled first lodging date shall apply.
3.In case of cancellation of reservation for multiple guests in whole or in part, Penalty rate based on the number of applicants shall apply, regardless of the number of cancelled guests or the number of lodgers.